A study conducted by the Demand Metric revealed that content marketing results in over three times more leads compared to outbound marketing and costs 62 percent less.
Likewise, another research conducted by the Content Marketing Institute identified that content is one of the most promising ways of promoting a business. These studies show that you should create engaging content for your audience that conveys your product benefits and persuades them to purchase your products.
Apart from this, informative content helps build brand awareness and allows your business to establish a lasting relationship with the target audience. However, many businesses find it challenging to achieve the desired content marketing ROI because of the intense competition or changing needs and preferences of the prospects.
Are you too struggling with content marketing? Congratulations!
You’ve landed at the right place. We have curated a list of 6 actionable content marketing tips that can help your business generate more traffic.
1. Create Content Based on the Customer’s Buyer Journey
You must have heard the typical saying ‘Content is King’. Although content plays a crucial role in shaping the attitudes of your target audience, however, to touch their hearts, you need to do content marketing the right way. This means that you need to provide the content based on the stage of their buying journey. This is because, in this way, they will be able to relate to your brand messages in a better way.
Apart from this, the consumer of today is a lot more aware and informed. Therefore, you can grab their attention by providing them content that answers their pain points. Check out these different ways to obtain customer feedback
For example, if your audience is at the conversion stage of the buying journey, then you should offer them product trials or demos so that they can get to know your product’s features first-hand. On the other hand, if they are in the awareness stage, then you can simply offer them blogs and whitepapers that can educate them.
Interested in knowing more about the different types of content that you can offer your prospects based on their buyer’s journey? The image below shows a detailed list for your help:
2. Introduce Guest Blogging
Many content marketing experts identified guest blogging as a proven way of driving website traffic. Research revealed that the number of bloggers in the US is expected to grow to 31.7 million.
This is because guest blogging allows you to convey your brand messages in a meaningful way, thus attracting your intended audience to visit your website.
Still not convinced how can guest blogging result in driving high-quality traffic to your website? Here’s what you need to know:
It provides instant exposure to your new and existing customers.
It improves reach by encouraging social media shares.
It facilitates in improving the online authority of your business.
It helps in building credibility among the intended audience, thus shortening your sales cycle.
All said and done, if you are looking to achieve skyrocketing web traffic through content marketing, you should definitely add guest blogging to your digital marketing plan.
3. Leverage the Power of Webinar Marketing
A past study carried out by the ON24 showed that around 76 percent of marketing professionals identified webinars as a means of driving traffic and lead generation. Do you know why?
This is because webinars give you an opportunity to connect with your audience on a personal level. The image below shows some other benefits of webinar marketing
Nonetheless, it is crucial to note that your webinars would fail to generate quality traffic if you wouldn’t market them the right way. Wondering how to go about it? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
We have curated a few expert tips and tricks that can help you ace your webinar marketing goals in no time:
- One of the best practices is to add interesting visuals, such as images and videos, in your webinar marketing ads to attract the audience.
- Make sure that your webinar marketing social media posts or ads include a clear call-to-action button to drive action.
- Always make sure that your webinar marketing ad is followed by a killing landing page for optimizing conversions.
- You can also take advantage of paid social media ads for reaching out to a larger audience and amplifying reach.
4. Optimize Your Content Marketing for SEO
According to a survey carried out by HubSpot, around 64 percent of marketing professionals heavily invest in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Do you know why?
This is because it is a proven marketing tactic that helps drive quality traffic to your website and helps enhance brand credibility and lead generation significantly.
Other than this, SEO compliments your content marketing efforts by helping drive relevant traffic to your website. Wondering how to optimize your content for SEO for lasting results?
Below are a few expert tips for your help:
- Choose the right set of keywords; it is best to add high-volume ones.
- One of the best practices is to create unique and high-quality content.
- Always add unique and relevant Meta descriptions for every web page.
- Add visuals in your website content for higher SEO rankings.
- Optimize the length of your blog posts according to the best practices.
- Format your content for featured snippets.
5. Create More Targeted Landing Pages
It is no secret that landing pages are one of the most fundamental elements of your content marketing strategy.
This is because past studies have revealed that companies that have increased the number of landing pages witnessed growth in traffic and the number of leads. This means that you can skyrocket your search traffic and achieve your lead conversion goals effectively by optimizing your landing pages.
Not sure how to turn your landing pages into compelling ones? Below are a few simple yet amazing, tried, and tested tips that can help you do the magic:
- You should write benefit-oriented headlines to grab the target audience’s attention.
- Always use the right set of visuals in your landing pages that go with the content.
- Make sure that your landing page has a logical flow of text to avoid readability issues. For instance, Lyft’s landing page below has a clear flow of information for inspiring drivers to sign up.
- Don’t forget to add a powerful Call-to-Action (CTA) button on your landing page that helps drive conversions.
- It is significant to remember that experimenting is critical. Therefore you should always A/B test your landing pages to figure out what works for your target audience and what doesn’t.
6. Hire an Content Marketing Expert
By now, we know that content creation and marketing is not a piece of cake and requires a considerable amount of hard work, especially in such a competitive digital marketing landscape. So, how do you manage to drive high-quality traffic to your website effectively?
You should consider hiring a content writing expert that can help you create content and market it according to the needs and wants of your target audience. Unsure how to go about it? One of the best ways is to avail content marketing services as the help of pros will allow you to develop a long-lasting relationship with your intended audience.
Content Marketing Bottom Line
The final takeaway is that content marketing should be one of the most crucial foundations of your digital marketing campaigns as it helps drive relevant traffic. So, you should experiment with the content marketing tricks mentioned above for more traffic and leads.
About Ashley Rosa:
Ashley Rosa is a freelance writer and blogger. As writing is her passion that why she loves to write articles related to the latest trends in technology and sometimes on health-tech as well. She is crazy about chocolates. You can find her at twitter: @ashrosa2.