“When you create something, think, ‘will our customers thank us for this?’”
– Ann Handley
We all know content is the most important thing for a brand. But, what kind of content? Often, brands and bloggers get stuck with the type of content they are supposed to churn out regularly to you, you can start with good research on keywords. One good way is to understand what your competitors are using. SEO is an ideal way to bring the most traffic to your website. But remember, finding the perfect amount of keywords requires patience and a lot of research! We recommend you get started with it right away.
Table of content
Importance of blogging:
We’ll keep this short. If you are still sceptical about starting a blog, look no further. A blog helps you with your marketing strategy and aids you in creating good content. It has the potential to attract new clients and retain old ones. Blogs are also an excellent way to build a community around your brand. Additionally, it gives you a much-needed good reputation in your field. It is also a great way to advertise! More and more millennials are preferring blogs over your standard advertising techniques.
How to find something you are passionate about?
- What are your hobbies, what do you like doing in your free time?
- What is the one thing you can talk about for hours to your friends and family?
- What was your favourite subject in school? What do you enjoy the most?
- What do you love to read about?
- What do you want to do for the rest of your life?
Once you answer these questions, write down 10-12 blog topics you can write on a particular topic. If you can come up with them easily, it is the right fit for you! Moreover, once you actually start writing on them, you will figure out if you actually have the content to write on them or not. On the other hand, if you are super excited and are able to write content on the topics you have chosen, go for it and set up your blog! Remember to always have content in hand before actually building a website for your blog.
Simple ways to choose the best content and blog topics:
1. Knowing your target audience: We cannot emphasize this enough. You need to know your audience before you give them content! If you want your prospective audience to read what you write, you have to know exactly what they want and what they would like. This is the most critical aspect of starting a blog. If you are wondering how to understand what your audience wants, a good first step is to know who your target audience is. Whom do you want to reach with your content? Who’s your target audience. Once you get into their heads, it is super simple to come up with topics and content that they will appreciate!
2. Stay relevant: In content marketing, relevancy is a crucial thing. If you are confused as to what it means to stay relevant, hang on. Firstly, relevancy means giving your audience what they want. Then, it is focused on your niche, on your expertise. It is also significant that your objectives are fulfilled when you are writing content. Another thing that cannot be missed is that relevancy depends on the present time. Google prefers fresh content and the algorithm will favour you if you provide it with good, new content.
3. Find quality sources: We highly recommend that you set up Google alerts for topics your customers are interested in. Read more and more articles on what you want to write, so that you can come up with the ideal content that people will read. Another thing you can do is follow industry blogs and sign up for newsletters to keep a track of articles that will work well with your brand and website.
Steps for writing a blog post:
- Plan your blog topic and create an outline, conduct detailed research.
- Come up with a banger headline – it should be informative as well as catchy.
- Write, write, and write.
- Use images, give your blog a flow and explain complex topics.
- Edit your blog! This is essential. Read it aloud, avoid repetition, keep your sentences short and so on.
- Optimize your blog. Use the right keywords and take maximum advantage of SEO!
Some common mistakes to avoid:
- Focusing on what others are doing. What works for someone else may not necessarily work for you.
- Writing on something that has a niche audience. If you are starting new, we recommend writing on topics that a majority of people would be interested in. Once you get the required bandwidth, you can explore and write on things you are passionate about!
- Most blogs don’t have a focus and they end up writing about everything under the sun. Don’t make that mistake! Focus on a few things you can write on and stick to the same.
- Write about subjects that you know about! If you have minimal knowledge about a topic, don’t start a blog. You need to actually *know* what you are writing about. So if you are passionate about a topic, ensure you also gain enough knowledge.
- Try not to include links of your competitors, it will harm your brand in the long run.
- Take care not to overwhelm or underwhelm your audience. Don’t post too much on some days and then nothing at all. Find the right balance.
Ideas for your next blog niche:
- Health and fitness
- Education and career
- Marketing and social media blogs
Ready to get started?
In the present digital scenario, you cannot underestimate the value your blog and content can bring to your brand. Once you start writing, you help your website traffic, your chances at having a wider audience, and attracting new prospects.
“Make it simple. Make it memorable. Make it inviting to look at. Make it fun to read.”
– Leo Burnett
To put it simply, writing good content means a lot of trial and error and then finally understanding what works best with the kind of audience you have. You can do this with the help of content mapping. If you see amazing results, we suggest you stick with them and improve on them henceforth! We hope this article has given you detailed insight as to how your content should be. All the best and start writing!
Interesting Read :