Confused about what works best or what is not for your job board website? For recruitment and hiring industries, it might be difficult to promote job board and grow the audiences into the millions. And, if you’re a startup, you can still be able to effectively drive top-quality traffic to your business.
All you need to do is job board marketing in a proper way by outlining and implementing a strong marketing strategy.
This blog is all about how easily and effectively you can market your job board website like a pro. We’ll also cover some interesting tips that help you a lot in promoting your job board website.
Let’s get started!
Quick Navigation to Job Board Marketing Plan
- Content Marketing for Job Boards
- Search Engine Marketing for Job boards
- Get Organic Traffic With SEO
- Social Media Marketing Strategy for Job boards
- Email Marketing Strategy
- Influencer Marketing
- Other Interesting Tips
1. Content Marketing for Job Boards
The first and foremost step is to understand how you would like to present your brand in the market. Accordingly, you need to plan, create, publish, and share content with your target audience.
The more you learn what your audience wants and what are their major concerns the better you can help them with your job board solutions. Give your audience a hook to stick to your website.
Say, for example, if a job seeker is looking for his career opportunity in Web Development field but is not sure whether to continue with freelancing tasks or getting hired in a reputed web development company, you can provide them with a career guide or an e-book containing the expert advice. This encourages them to visit your website and explore other solutions offered by you.
This is how content marketing helps. But not every job seeker or employer wants the same thing. So, make sure you are providing them with the right content at the right time.
Here is an ultimate guide on content marketing for job board websites. Read this and learn interesting ways to promote job board website.
2. Inorganic Promotion for Job boards
This involves promoting websites through inorganically through paid promotions. You can run pay-per-click advertisements on search engines or on social media platforms like LinkedIn, Facebook.
For PPC advertisement, it is advisable to do research properly beforehand. Figure out the target keywords, their competition, cost-per-click, how your competitors are advertising, what are their strategies. Based on that, prepare a plan for inorganic promotion of your job board website.
Spyfu is one of the best tools that allows you to do research on competitors’ keywords, their ads, and other valuable insights. See the example below:
We’ve analyzed PPC ads and keywords of Indeed website using Spyfu tool.
Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool
Apart from Spyfu, you can also explore who are advertising on Google for your target keyword in your target location, language, and devices. Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool provided by Google Ads platform helps you do that.
Here is how you can do it:
- Visit Google Ads Platform and login to your account.
- Navigate to the Tools and Settings option on the top.
- Under Planning option, you will find Ad Preview and Diagnosis tool. Click on it.
- Enter search term, select location, language, and device.
See the example below:
We have analyzed who is advertising on mobile devices for a keyword “Job Posting” in South Carolina location and to the people who prefer to speak English language.
We have also analyzed the desktop results for the same keyword.
This is how you can analyze what’s working in the market and how you can perform better.
3. Get Organic Traffic With SEO
Besides, you can also promote your job board website in organic ways and drive huge amount of traffic to your website. That’s where search engine optimization techniques come into play!
SEO for job boards can help you make your website ranks on the top in SERPs for the right keywords and at the time when employers and job seekers are searching for a job board solution like yours.
This part covers the following areas:
- Doing keyword research in order to find the profitable search terms.
- Analyzing Google’s first page results to figure out what’s working.
- Optimizing job board website using On-Page SEO techniques.
- Creating a perfect content structure for job board website.
- Getting backlinks from authoritative websites in your niche.
Want to learn about SEO strategy in detail? Here is an ultimate guide on how to do SEO for job board.
4. Social Media Marketing Strategy for Job boards
If you want to directly communicate with your target audience, what will you do? What will be the right way to reach out to them? Think about it!
Social Media Marketing is a way to do it.
Social media can help you create a buzz around your brand. The Social Media Marketing strategy for job board revolves around these important questions:
- What are the marketing goals that you would like to achieve through social media marketing?
- What’s your content marketing strategy?
- In which type of content does your audience take their interest the most?
- Where do your target audience usually hang out?
- When are job seekers and recruiters usually active?
I would recommend you to explore this ultimate guide on Social Media Marketing that will help you understand how to promote your job board on social media platforms.
5. Email Marketing Strategy
Email marketing is one of the cost-effective ways to promote your job board and reach your business goals. It includes sending your promotional materials right into the inbox of the email account of your target audience.
But remember…here is something that you shouldn’t ignore! You’re just entering their inbox as a guest. So, don’t try to interrupt their daily activities and start pitching aggressively.
So, what’s the right way to do email marketing for job board website? Of course, by getting permission for the same from those whom you’re about to pitch your job board solutions.
The following tips can help you take your job board marketing practices to the next level of success:
- So, first of all, try to build up a genuine email list of your subscribers. You can easily entice them to sign up by various promotional methods. Such as by providing them free downloads, white papers or eBooks, or anything else that might be useful for them.
- A strong call-to-action and consistent follow up can be counted as a positive email campaign.
- Segment your leads based on some important factors and then, write an effective email copy accordingly.
- Provide them with an opt-out option.
Before starting promotional email campaigns, it is advisable to go through with CAN-SPAM Act: A Compliance Guide for Business.
6. Influencer Marketing
Millions of purchase decisions are made after reading reviews, watching testimonials, seeking experts’ advice, discussing with close friends or relatives. This proves the importance of recommendations by trusted sources in online marketing.
And, this is what influencer marketing is all about. Find out who is the rock star in your industry and connect with them. Ask them to help you promote your job board.
This way you can easily increase brand awareness about your job board solutions and reach out to a large audience.
7. Other Interesting Tips
Other than all the above-mentioned job board marketing strategies, you can also try your hands on the following interesting tips to promote job board:
- Evaluate your brand identity and try to make a strong move to increase its authority in the market.
- Be specific with your target audience.
- At sometimes, direct outreaching through phone or direct mail also works. But, make sure you are helping them not selling.
- Try out viral marketing methods such as Giveaways or Competitions.
Although the recruitment industry has huge competition. But you can work well with the right promotional and marketing plan. Follow all these best practices to highlight your job board in the online world.
Don’t forget to visit our blogs to explore more advice on marketing and other topics. Stay tuned!