Adding a popular post widget to your website is not a bad idea. These widgets not only look attractive but also allow users to visit posts that are liked by the majority of your audience. But with only WordPress, you cannot add these widgets. For adding them you need to install a popular post plugin.
This plugin helps you to display a list containing your most popular/recent post, either in the sidebar or within the content. There are hundreds of plugins of this type that are currently available. Out of all those, we have picked some best WordPress popular post plugins for you. We have also mentioned the key features associated with those plugins.
Table of content
10 best WordPress Popular posts plugins that you can use for your website
There are hundreds of plugins of this type available in the market. Out of them, we have picked the 10 best ones for you, and these are:
WordPress Popular Posts
It is a widely accepted popular posts plugin and has more than 300K active installations. It is also rated 4.5 stars by the users. This plugin is highly customizable and the vital features associated with it are:
- At a time, you can have multiple popular post widgets on your website.
- It allows you to order your popular posts according to their views, comments, likes, etc.
- It provides a wide range of custom themes that you can use for designing your popular post widget.
- You can also set a specific time range for determining your popular posts.
- You can also tailor themes by entering shortcodes.
It is a very popular WordPress plugin and is equipped with some amazing features. It is very easy to use and is currently available in four different languages. The major elements of this plugin are:
- It allows you to display popular posts either for the total number of page views or for views in a specific time period.
- With it, you can set the number of posts to be displayed at a time.
- It has a great library of widgets and these are also customizable.
- Through this plugin, you can restrict some specific posts from appearing in the top posts list.
It is an easy to use and very simple plugin for popular posts. At present, it has 1000 installations and is compatible to work with a minimum of 3.9.1 version of WordPress. The features of this plugin are:
- It comes with a very simple interface that allows you to set the number of posts to be displayed.
- With this theme, you are only allowed to order the posts on the basis of comments.
- This plugin can only work with the themes that support widgets.
- Apart from English, this plugin is also available in the French language.
Trending/Popular Post Slider and Widget
Using this can be a potential choice for most of the users as it is one of the most advanced plugins that are currently available. The salient features of this plugin are:
- It comes with 20 custom themes that can be tailored.
- It is compatible with some of the popular website builders like Elementor, Divi, etc.
- Through it, you can show the most recent posts as a list, slider, grid box, or carousel.
Elementor is primarily famous as a drag and drop website builder. But besides this, you can also use it for designing and arranging your most popular widget. Although there are some Elementor Pros and Cons associated with its use. The main features linked to this plugin are:
- It supports 57 different languages.
- It is faster, highly responsive, and is equipped with many professional tools.
- You can get hundreds of preset designs with it.
- This plugin is supported with most of the WordPress themes.
Most popular post widget
If you value your time then this plugin is best for you. It is an easy to use widget and comes with a very simple interface. The major benefits of using this widget are:
- You can easily set the number of posts to be displayed.
- You can fix the criteria, (views, likes, comments) on the basis of which post will be shown.
Popular posts by Webline
This is an open-source plugin and comes with some handy features. Some of the features that a user can access through this plugin are:
- It allows you to set some filters on the basis of which your posts will be shown.
- Through this plugin, you can customize your post widget by adding elements like, read more button, displaying comments or likes, showing the number of views, etc.
- You are also allowed to set the number of posts to be displayed.
Tabs popular posts and latest posts
It is one of the simplest plugins that you can use for creating popular post widgets. The chief features linked to this plugin are:
- It is based on jquery and doesn’t affect the performance of your site.
- It is easy to use and also allows you to set the number of posts to be displayed.
Relevant can be a potential choice for you if you are looking towards creating a popular post widget. This plugin is developed friendly and provides a lot of amazing features. The wondrous features linked to the use of it are:
- It supports multiple shortcodes through which you can customize your theme.
- You can add elements like featured images, author name, date, views, etc. on the displayed post.
- It allows you to order the post according to comments and posts.
- It is compatible with the latest WordPress versions.
This plugin is equipped with some advanced features by using which you can create amazing widgets for displaying popular posts. This plugin also allows you to easily integrate with Gutenberg. The astonishing features associated with this plugin are:
- It allows you to set filters on your sidebar.
- It comes with some preset designs that are customizable. These designs also support CSS insertion.
- This plugin is available in 4 different languages.
So, these are the 10 best plugins that you can use for adding a popular post widget in your website. All of these are trusted and are available on WordPress. You can use any of them without any worry.