WordPress is an open source content management software using which you will be able to create different types of blogs and websites to market your services and products. It has become one of the most popular platforms for individuals and small-scale businesses. WordPress itself is completely free with time. It has become the most popular blogging system and website management in a very short while. More than half of the websites that we see on the Internet are built on WordPress. WordPress can be used in two forms: WordPress.org and WordPress.com.
Table of content
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
WordPress.com and WordPress.org are two entirely different platforms. Now let us see what are the differences between these two forms.
WordPress.org is considered to be the real WordPress using which you will be able to create different types of high-end websites. You will be able to have complete control over all the different components of your website. You will be able to customize the elements as per your choice. You will also be provided with a huge variety of free and premium plugins that you can add to your website. The design of your website can also be customized as per your choice. A lot of free and premium WordPress themes are also available. You will be able to make money from your website by running advertisements. You may also you use tools like Google Analytics for tracking and analytics purposes.
WordPress.com is basically used as a blogging platform. It is an extremely good choice for the bloggers and hobbyists. You will be provided with a lot of free space. You can increase your space as per your choice. However, it does not allow you to monetize your website by placing ads. You will not be able to upload any kind of plugins to your website. You will also not be able to upload custom themes. WordPress.com does not even allow you to take the help of Google Analytics or any other tracking platforms.
WordPress for Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing allows you to promote your services and products by taking the help of members or platforms who will promote your brand online and will receive commission in return of the sale that they generate. The affiliates can either be industry bloggers, establish websites or influencers. WordPress can be an excellent platform for affiliate marketing. You will be able to use either a new website or an existing website to handle all your work. A number of plugins are also available using which you can handle the different aspects of affiliate marketing.
Is WordPress.com good for affiliate marketing?
Well, the answer is no. WordPress.com is definitely not a very good idea for affiliate marketing. It is mainly used for blogging purposes and you will not be able to use it effectively for affiliate marketing purposes. Here are a few reasons as to why you should not choose WordPress.com for affiliate marketing:
- You will not be able to use the plugins to optimise your website. Popular SEO plugins like Yoast cannot be used on WordPress.com. This can be a major drawback to your affiliate marketing business.
- The themes available for WordPress.com are not SEO optimized. You will also not be able to modify the themes that will be provided to you.
- If you ever wish to shift from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, you will end up losing a lot of data.
- You will not be able to use Google Search Analytics on WordPress.com. This will lower the SEO performance of your website.
WordPress.org: A perfect platform for affiliate marketers
WordPress.org is perfect for creating affiliates. You will be able to gain a lot of followers and create a perfect website for affiliate marketing. Here are a few reasons regarding why you should we go for WordPress.org for affiliate marketing:
- WordPress. Org provides you with a huge variety of themes to choose from. You need not know how to code in order to customise your themes. All the themes come with lots of amazing features. They are also quite flexible. There are themes available for almost every niche.
- You will be able to monetize your website by placing ads at different corners of your website. This can be a great source of income for you and your business will gain popularity in a very short while.
- A huge variety of tools will be available for you. You will be able to make different customizations to your website from the admin dashboard itself using the tools. You will be able to write and edit your posts, save your drafts, manage who can view the posts. You can format your text and add different types of images and pictures.
- A huge variety of plugins are available using which you can enhance the features of your website. There are plugins available for search engine optimisation, backups, security, AB testing and many more.
So, if you are new to the affiliate marketing business, then you must consider designing a website on WordPress. org. This will not only help you to earn a lot of revenue but will also take your business to a new level.