Security plays an important role for one’s site. Whether you are running a whole new website or you are running a decade old website, it needs to be secure at first. Well here in this article, we have rounded up the best of WordPress security plugins which you can opt for using it out in your website.
WP Security Audit Log
The plugin keeps a WordPress audit log of all users’ changes and other under the hood activity. Keep an audit log of everything that is happening on your WordPress and WordPress multisite with WP Security Audit Log to ensure user productivity and identify WordPress security issues before they become a security problem. WP Security Audit Log, WordPress’ most comprehensive user monitoring and audit log plugin already helps thousands of WordPress administrators, owners and security professionals ensure the security of their websites and blogs. Ensure the security of your WordPress too by installing WP Security Audit Log.
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security)
iThemes Security (formerly Better WP Security) gives you over 30+ ways to secure and protect your WordPress site. On average, 30,000 new websites are hacked each day. WordPress sites can be an easy target for attacks because of plugin vulnerabilities, weak passwords and obsolete software.
Most WordPress admins don’t even know they’re vulnerable, but iThemes Security works to fix common holes, stop automated attacks and strengthen user credentials. With one-click activation for most features, as well as advanced features for experienced users, iThemes Security can help protect any WordPress site.
- User action logging – track when user’s edit content, login or logout
- 2-factor authentication – Use Google Authenticator or Authy to send a custom code to your phone when you log in
- Import/export settings – saves time setting up multiple WordPress sites
- Password Expiration – Set a maximum password age and force users to choose a new password. You can also force all users to choose a new password immediately (if needed)
- Generate Strong Passwords – Generate strong passwords right from your profile screen
- Dashboard Widget – manage important tasks such as user banning and system scans right from the WordPress dashboard.
- GeoIP banning – coming soon
- Online file comparison – When a file change is detected it will scan the origin of the files to determine if the change was malicious or not. Currently works only in WordPress core but plugins and themes are coming.
The plugin is an effective, reliable, easy to use which protects your website very well.
BulletProof Security Feature Highlights
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- jQuery UI Dialog Form Uninstall Options: BPS Pro upgrade uninstallation or complete BPS plugin uninstallation
- .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Login Security & Monitoring
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- DB Backup Logging
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
The plugin provides comprehensive enterprise-grade security with frequent site scans, powerful firewall, automatic backup, web analytics and much more.
6Scan Security is the most comprehensive auto-fix protection your WordPress site can get against hackers. Our security scanner goes beyond the simple rule-based protection of other WordPress security plugins, employing sophisticated algorithms to find and automatically fix security vulnerabilities. Our team of website security experts ensures your protection is always up-to-date.
It stop hackers before they damage your reputation, steal your data and affect your search ranking by signing up with 6Scan today.
Our automatic security scanner finds and protects against:
- SQL Injection
- Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Directory traversal
- Remote file inclusion
- Several DoS conditions
- And many more, including all of the OWASP Top Ten security vulnerabilities.
The plugin protects your WordPress site with Centrora Security. It also recommended for multiple sites security management. Centrora Security is an all in one security plugin. Firewall, malware scanner, backup and file permissions are all integrated into one solution. It is a WordPress Firewall Security to protect your WordPress Sites from attacks and hacking. The built-in Malware and Security Scanner helps you identify any security risks, malicious codes, spam, virus, SQL injection, and security vulnerabilities.
New features in v5.0:
- Added: Brand New Look and feel! – We took valuable feedback from you our customers and revamped the look of Centrora Security. Give it a go, we think you will love it!
- Added: Help text to give users a better understanding of each configuration setting
- Added: Strong Password Enforcement under Firewall configuration settings
- Added: A What’s New section where you can view News of security and other related posts from our own security consultants – learn what you can do to harden your site’s security
- Enhancement: Merge Firewall Configuration Functions
- Enhancement: Improved firewall configuration settings layout – Rearraged & simplified configuration settings
- Enhancement: Reducted duplicate functions under Firewall
- Enhancement: Improved site navigation speed
- Enhancement: Changelog view under what’s new to get details of each release
Acunetix Secure WordPress
The plugin scans your WordPress installation for security vulnerabilities. Acunetix Secure WordPress plugin is a free and comprehensive security tool that helps you secure your WordPress installation and suggests corrective measures for: securing file permissions, security of the database, version hiding, WordPress admin protection and lots more.
Acunetix Secure WordPress checks your WordPress website/blog for security vulnerabilities and suggests corrective actions such as:
- File permissions
- Database security
- Version hiding
- WordPress admin protection/security
- Removes WP Generator META tag from core code
- WordPress version 3.0 and higher
- PHP5 (tested with PHP Interpreter >= 5.2.9)
Key security features:
- Easy backup of WordPress database for disaster recovery
- Removal of error-information on login-page
- Addition of index.php to the wp-content, wp-content/plugins, wp-content/themes and wp-content/uploads directories to prevent directory listings
- Removal of wp-version, except in admin-area
- Removal of Really Simple Discovery meta tag
- Removal of Windows Live Writer meta tag
- Removal of core update information for non-admins
- Removal of plugin-update information for non-admins
- Removal of theme-update information for non-admins (only WP 2.8 and higher)
- Hiding of wp-version in backend-dashboard for non-admins
- Removal of version in URLs from scripts and stylesheets only on frontend
- Reporting of security overview after WordPress blog is scanned
- Reporting of file permissions following security checks
- Live traffic tool to monitor your website activity in real time
WordFence is a free enterprise class security and performance plugin which makes your site up to 50 times faster as well as more secure. Wordfence starts by checking if your site is already infected. We do a deep server-side scan of your source code comparing it to the Official WordPress repository for core, themes and plugins. Then Wordfence secures your site and makes it up to 50 times faster.
Wordfence Security is 100% free and open source. We also offer a Premium API key that gives you Premium Support, Country Blocking, Scheduled Scans, Password Auditing.
- Includes Falcon Engine, the fastest WordPress caching engine available today. Falcon is faster because it reduces your web server disk and database activity to a minimum.
- Fully IPv6 compatible including all whois lookup, location, blocking and security functions.
- Includes support for other major plugins and themes like WooCommerce.
- Real-time blocking of known attackers. If another site using Wordfence is attacked and blocks the attacker, your site is automatically protected.
- Sign-in using your password and your cellphone to vastly improve login security. This is called Two Factor Authentication and is used by banks, government agencies and military world-wide for highest security authentication.
- Includes two-factor authentication, also referred to as cellphone sign-in.
- Scans for the HeartBleed vulnerability – included in the free scan for all users.
- Wordfence includes two caching modes for compatability and has cache management features like the ability to clear the cache and monitor cache usage.
- Enforce strong passwords among your administrators, publishers and users. Improve login security.
- Scans core files, themes and plugins against WordPress.org repository versions to check their integrity. Verify security of your source.
- Includes a firewall to block common security threats like fake Googlebots, malicious scans from hackers and botnets.